Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community OCD Related Conditions Concentrating on my strengths

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    poslindsey
    Participant

Hi there, I think with OCD we are often our own worst enemies. We need to praise and appreciate ourselves more often, concentrating on our own strengths. I want to be great at everything. But the problem is friends because if I ask people what they really think of me, it’s normally just “you’re sad”, or they’re dissappointed with me. Why can’t they see passed the OcD?

johna2
      Participant

I think, maybe, we should concentrate on helping ourselves. I’ve come to realize that I can’t demand anything from other people. We can try to educate them, but if they can’t or won’t get it, I’m not going to lose any sleep over it.

When I was at my worst with ocd I only had one friend who was in any way helpful. Most people simply didn’t get it, or they didn’t want to get it.

Forum Moderators

orum Moderators here – Please look at the OCD Action website, where you’ll find helpful information and resources about conditions related to OCD here: https://ocdaction.org.uk/learn-about-ocd/related-disorders/

You can also contact the OCD Action Helpline and Email Service to talk to or email someone who understands.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential and unbiased help, information and support for people with OCD and related conditions. Contact our Helpline by:

– phone: 0300 636 5478
          – email: support@ocdaction.org.uk
          And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is here to help and support you.

Forum Moderators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.