Close
  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mossymeadow
    Participant

I’m having what I think are exactly like classic OCD thoughts. I keep having this thought that what if its not ocd or I get the wrong therapy and then regret it, or convince myself I’m not getting better and and its really sticking in my head. I think is because I’ve mental health problems in my past and a lot of trouble accepting my ocd. Since this thought arrived I’ve been finding it anxiety inducing and I’m scared I’ll suddenly feel like not me which leads me to avoid getting help, and makes it worse. I have found myself dissociating but then my mind convinces me this is just OCD. I just keep ruminating about the past, and getting pretty anxious. It’s a vicious cycle. When I think about ocd it just feels awful and like makes me really upset so I’m pretty sure this is another ocd thought. I have no idea how to stop this

Forum Moderators

Hi:

We’re sorry you haven’t had many replies yet and we want you to know that OCD Action offers other types of support for you.

You can contact the OCD Action Helpline and Email Service to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential information and support for people with OCD. Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

Support groups for people with OCD offer a safe place where you can talk openly about OCD and support other people. Read information about UK-based groups here:

If you don’t live in the UK, look for groups near you on the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) website. Under “Find Help”, choose “Listing Types”, then “Support Groups”: https://iocdf.org/

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is here to support you.

Forum Moderators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.