Close
  • This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Forum Moderators

ARON BENNETT: MY (LONG) JOURNEY TO RECOVERY

We want forum users to know that a Personal Story was added to the OCD Action website on 31 March 2023.

You can read how Aron Bennett, OCD advocate and author, reflects on his journey of recovery over a period of 12 years, focusing on the difficulties he faced when trying to access medication for his OCD, which ultimately transformed his life.

Read Aron’s story at: https://ocdaction.org.uk/aron-recovery-journey/

WANT TO SHARE YOUR STORY?

Sharing personal stories of OCD can be one of the most powerful ways to raise awareness of the reality of the condition and to show others they’re not alone.

If you feel ready to publicly share your OCD story, OCD Action would love to hear from you!

To share your story, click on the GET IN TOUCH button on the right side of each Personal Story page.

Forum Moderators

Forum Moderators here:

Here’s another personal story that may inspire you:

SHAUN FLORES: MY OCD STORY

Shaun explains that earlier it was OCD Awareness Week, but OCD awareness needs to be every day.

Reading this inspiring story of how Shaun is on a mission to raise awareness of the reality of OCD. He explains that when people talk about OCD, they often talk about it as if it’s a quirk or something enjoyable but how anyone who lives with OCD know this couldn’t be further from the truth.

Read how OCD took him to some incredibly dark places and how he doesn’t want anybody else to feel as isolated and scared as he did. This is why he is so passionate about raising awareness – so people know that OCD is serious, so they understand what symptoms to look out for, and so they know that with the right support, it can get better.

Read Shaun’s incredible story on our website: https://ocdaction.org.uk/shaun-flores-my-story/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.