Close
  • This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Carmenscoug
    Participant

Hi I guess I might have ocd I heard it takes a professional to diagnose, your GP is this right? My ocd seems driven by anxiety. What do you guys think?

johna2
      Participant

A professional is simply someone who has formally qualified in a certain area.

A non professional can diagnose and be perfectly correct, but there is more chance of them being wrong.

So, it’s a good idea to consult a professional, who would be expected to know.

However, even a professional can be wrong. My GP disagreed with my psychiatrist.

I guess two opinions are generally better than one, but, at the end of the day, you have to make your own decision based off hopefully good advice.

Forum Moderators

Hi:

We’re sorry you haven’t had many replies to yet and we want you to know that OCD Action offers other types of support for you.

You can contact the OCD Action Helpline and Email Service to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential information and support for people with OCD. Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

Support groups for people with OCD offer a safe place where you can talk openly about OCD and support other people. Read information about UK-based groups here:

If you don’t live in the UK, look for groups near you on the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) website. Under “Find Help”, choose “Listing Types”, then “Support Groups”: https://iocdf.org/

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is here to support you.

Forum Moderators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.