Close
  • This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by wannabefree.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    suzzain
    Participant

I got sick of bad service from the NHS and went to my gp and demanded that she help me get a private appointment with a psychiatrist to get a OCD evaluation. I then demanded that I get letter for work stating I have OCD. I also asked her to write a letter to my uni. I finally feel satisfied but now really worry that I was too harsh. Can I justify my actions in getting help for OCD?

Forum Moderators
        Hi:

Forum moderators here; we’re sorry you’re worried about your actions.  Please don’t ever think you’re alone living with OCD.

Please remember that you can also contact the OCD Action Helpline to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential help, information and support for people with OCD (and anyone who thinks they may have OCD). Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your entire life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478 (this is a UK number).
        • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is always here to help and support you.

Best wishes,

Forum Moderators

wannabefree
        Participant

We have the right to hope for good treatment on the NHS.

The N.I.C.E. regulations back this up.

When we aren’t knowing for sure what is happening to us… Sometimes we do have to shout, and loudly…

Wannabe

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.