Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community OCD & Intrusive Thoughts How can I crowd it all out?

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    wannabefree
    Participant

Yes… For me it was shopping in a supermarket… Food wrappings, boxes, scared to put stuff back, even though I have no control of what is on someone else’s hands already…  Eventually ordinary life things will hopefully crowd it all out, we have more interesting and exciting things to think about…

Wannabe

Forum Moderators

Hello:

We’d like to help as it sounds as if you’re having a very difficult time coping with OCD – we’re concerned that you mention harming and hurting yourself. We understand you’re saying  you do not mention having thoughts of ending your life, but if you ever have thoughts like this, you can call the Samaritans, who are always there to support you.

You can contact the Samaritans by:

You can also talk to (or email) our OCD Action Helpline about what you’re going through. Our Helpline provides confidential support for people with OCD. Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your entire life. Contact our Helpline by:

Just please remember you’re never alone; our forum members and OCD Action are here to support you.

Forum Moderators

Forum Moderators

Forum Moderators here:

We just want to remind you to know that if you’d like to talk to or email someone who understands OCD, please contact our OCD Action Helpline.

You can contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478
          • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

We hope this is helpful,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.