Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community OCD & Intrusive Thoughts OCD Moms… I’m losing it!

• This topic has 13 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    norma42
    Participant

I’m desperate to know if anyone else gets thoughts while in the moment that tell you that you are doing something inappropriately? I feel so alone and I’m shutting down completely. Is this a form of intrusive thoughts that make you think you are acting on it at the moment? Anybody relate? I get moments where I question if any physical contact is inappropriate.“I had another incident last night my daughters hand was touching my arm. I got worried again and then the thought of just letting it be there in an inappropriate way. And I did I think let it be there inappropriately for a second. I really don’t know what the thoughts were. And she only had her hand on my arm. Now I feel hopeless

johna2
      Participant

What you describe is common in ocd. Try to simply let the thoughts be till they fade away. Try not to do any compulsions in order to make yourself feel better. Your daughter will be fine.

norma42
        Participant
        Participant

I don’t know how to handle this. I feel so guilty!

johna2
          Participant

You are not guilty of anything. It just feels that way. That’s the nature of ocd.

norma42
            Participant
            Participant

But for a second it was like I agreed and let it be there inappropriately! I just feel horrible

johna2
              Participant

That often happens, but the fact that you reject the thought shows that it was not something that you really desired.

johna2
                Participant

The thought was ego dystonic.

Ego-dystonic refers to <b>thoughts, impulses, and behaviors that are felt to be repugnant, distressing, unacceptable or inconsistent with one’s self-concept</b>.

norma42
                  Participant
                  Participant

I’m losing hope

johna2
                    Participant

I’ve felt that way too. But I pulled through.

Can you chat to your doctor about how you feel?

norma42
                      Participant
                      Participant

Can’t let go that I agreed with the thought that it was   inappropriate and let it be

dazzling star
                        Participant

Norma 42 hi,

This is all caused by OCD. Iv had this happen too. The whole thing was due to your OCD. Dont feel guilty, its not your fault!

norma42
                          Participant
                          Participant

@dazzling star You have had it make you think you agree with it?

dazzling star
                            Participant

Yes i have. Its all caused by our OCD i hate it!

Forum Moderators

Hi:

Forum moderators here; we’re sorry you’re going through a difficult time now. Please don’t ever think you’re alone – OCD Action is here to help you.

And please remember that you can also contact the OCD Action Helpline to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential help, information and support for people with OCD (and anyone who thinks they may have OCD). Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your entire life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478 (this is a UK number).
                                • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is always here to help and support you.

Best wishes,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.