Close
  • This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Hotwaterbottle
    Participant

I don’t know where else to post… I don’t know what to do I feel like I’m doing everything wrong. I’m so upset a lot of the time, diagnosed with an acronym that rules my life, anxiety and low mood. I have to work full time and I’m awful at my job, I can’t switch it from it though I’ve been there less than a year so feel terrible at wanting to  leave already. I’ve done nothing but think about work all weekend. The people are the type to be toxically positive, they think providing fruit means health. They don’t do negetivity apparently which isn’t good news for me. They think they can manifest things like success. Half way through a course on CBT and  I don’t know if it’s helping.

I don’t know to do I feel like I’m in a massive rut.

wannabefree
      Participant

Hi there, and welcome.

My immediate thought is to get hold of a really brilliant book from Amazon or your local bookshop. It has really helped me immensely. It is;

‘Feeling good, the new mood therapy’, By Dr David Burns. It is about twelve quid I think. Your CBT therapist will have no doubt heard of this one too. CBT is almost certainly helping you, it just takes a little time.

Even doing CBT is a massive step forward, and you are doing that now.

Also, Check out the thread just below this one, Wannabefrees Friday night blog. There’s about 28 entries now. Just read it right the way through and let me know what you think of it. It isn’t a real blog… I don’t yet know how to do those… Writing it has helped me immensely.

Welcome

Wannabe

Forum Moderators

Hi:

Forum moderators here; we’re sorry you’re going through a difficult time now. Please don’t ever think you’re alone – OCD Action is here to help you.

And please remember that you can also contact the OCD Action Helpline to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential help, information and support for people with OCD (and anyone who thinks they may have OCD). Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your entire life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478 (this is a UK number).
          • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is always here to help and support you.

Best wishes,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.