Close
  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    runningonempty
    Participant

Hi I have had very similar experiences. I get so anxious and lost in my thoughts I.e internal worry/panic/mental checking and obsessing especially when I’m travelling I end up reading or not registering the number on the front of the bus Properly and have ended up getting on the wrong one having a panic attack and having to either change buses or walk miles to get back on track. Feel overwhelmed most of the time and if I try to do more than 1/2 things at a time I have a meltdown unfortunately not always just internally feel dizzy and can suffer from vertigo. I find deep breathing  and focusing On trying to do the deep breathing Helps. And then I try to focus on the present I.e engage my senses on the present moment I.e smells, sounds, colours, visual surroundings. Seeking reassurance and safety behaviours are what I’m struggling with at the moment but I’m going to have got back to work ASAP and that’s making me really really really anxious. My OCD is Originally contamination focused and is again at the moment I.e COVID but like you can vary at lot from social anxiety, to relationship anxiety, health anxiety to safety anxiety I.e checking doors locked etc I personally struggle with CBT as a therapy but am a bit stuck with ERT therapy at mo for obvious reasons. Just trying to take it a day at a time and challenge myself bit by bit and then try to keep up my self challenging momentum. All we can do is try to do our best and stay as grounded as possible good luck and well down for last week.

Forum Moderators

Hi:

We’re sorry you’re going through a difficult time with OCD and we want you to know that OCD Action offers several types of support for you.

You can contact the OCD Action Helpline and Email Service to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential information and support for people with OCD. Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

Support groups for people with OCD offer a safe place where you can talk openly about OCD and support other people. Read information about UK-based groups here:

If you don’t live in the UK, look for groups near you on the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) website. Under “Find Help”, choose “Listing Types”, then “Support Groups”: https://iocdf.org/

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is here to support you.

Forum Moderators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.