Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) What could it be? Existential crisis or OCD?

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Giusss
    Participant

Hi all. I’m new here. First of all, I apologise for my poor written English and the length of my message. I’ve been suffering from OCD for almost 30 years and I have many types of OCD. And now my question.

Do you ever get sad knowing that people you love (or feel attracted to) will grow old and change? (Like all of us, I know)
      Do you ever get melancholy seeing pictures of them when they were younger? Are real anguish on you at that thought? Do you ever feel nostalgia when you see them getting older? Even if they are/will be healthy, even if they are/will be self-sufficient and mentally lucid, doesn’t it make the sadness be on you? Sometimes sadness is on me when I think about it. Has this ever happened to you? Is it an OCD sub-type? Is it just overthinking? I can’t understand. I feel so bad about it. I have had those thoughts since childhood, and they have always brought me sadness and crying fits. I explain, anguish and sadness not about me and my aging. It saddens me to think that the people I love or are attracted to will grow old and change. Even if I see a handsome actor, I start thinking about how he will be when he is old, how he will live it, whether he will have the balance and acceptance in order to see his old pictures or his old films! Sometimes it’s like I’ve needed to grieve. But I can’t understand because since I have OCD, so many ‘what ifs’ also come… and those OCD obsessions are related to that malaise of mine. What could it be? Existential crisis, depression or just OCD? Thanks a lot.

Forum Moderators

Hi:

Forum moderators here; we’re sorry you’re having a difficult time now – please don’t ever think you’re alone and remember that you can also contact the OCD Action Helpline to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential help, information and support for people with OCD (and anyone who thinks they may have OCD). Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your entire life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478 (this is a UK number).
        • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is always here to help and support you.

Best wishes,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.