Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) ALS health anxiety OCD is slowly ruining my life

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 week ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    BladeRunner
    Participant

Mine started when I read a book by a Buddhist monk (28th March) where in the end he dies of ALS. A noticed the thought then so I went out for a run the next day to test myself – I did 5km. That day I noticed twitching in my left leg. Googled it and ended up on a Reddit page about ALS and twitches. The day after I started having twitches throughout my whole body. Went to see my GP the day after and they tested strength reflexes etc and said “MND not likely and no referral needed”. I did more googling and read about bulbar, I’ve always had a slight lisp on S but the day after this I felt like my “S” and “SL’s” were more pronounced or wet. At this point I started testing my tongue and limbs and could do all the movement of tongue and arms legs etc. went back to see GP about lisp who said at this point it was anxiety and to start an SSRI because I’d been thinking about ALS for 2 weeks. No one else has noticed lisp etc. The twitches happen maybe 6 times a day and can be anywhere – had some in my jaw for the first time last night. My lisp is bothering me the most. My “SL’s sound wet”. It’s turned my life upside down. Feel like I’ve gone completely crazy.

Forum Moderators

Hi:

Forum moderators here; we’re sorry you’re having a difficult time now – please don’t ever think you’re alone and remember that you can also contact the OCD Action Helpline to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential help, information and support for people with OCD (and anyone who thinks they may have OCD). Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your entire life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478 (this is a UK number).
        • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is always here to help and support you.

Best wishes,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.