Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community OCD & Intrusive Thoughts Please assist me I need advice

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    gtfonatalie
    Participant

Greetings everyone so I’m a 23 year old female I’ve got a job working at an elementary school. I love it a lot really enjoy my job it’s only temporary as I’m still in college. I’m pretty sure I have undiagnosed POCD I haven’t went to get an accurate diagnosis with the whole health care situation I have. But I just question myself and wonder should i really be working around children?? I find myself checking a lot of the time if I’m attracted to this child. I also have a lot of sexual thoughts in my mind while working and BTW THESE THOUGHTS ARE NOT ABOUT THE KIDS! I do know about sexual intrusive thoughts and while I do struggle with those sometimes it’s not this case.There is this guy I work with who’s somewhat attractive I find myself fantasizing a lot about him. But I think to myself if people knew what was going on on my head i could be  fired or worse thrown in prison. Working with children though about the sexual intrusive thoughts regarding what I hope is POCD (I can’t live with myself if I’m actually a p) is tough sometimes but I try and power through it and discard the nasty thoughts that involve children. (I even hate to type that out as it truly sounds creepy and disgusting).

Forum Moderators

Hi:

We’re sorry you’re going through a difficult time with OCD and we want you to know that OCD Action offers several types of support for you.

You can contact the OCD Action Helpline and Email Service to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential information and support for people with OCD. Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

Support groups for people with OCD offer a safe place where you can talk openly about OCD and support other people. Read information about UK-based groups here:

If you don’t live in the UK, look for groups near you on the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) website. Under “Find Help”, choose “Listing Types”, then “Support Groups”: https://iocdf.org/

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is here to support you.

Forum Moderators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.