Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community OCD & Intrusive Thoughts Intrusive thought finding it hard to know wats real

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ed3842
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Hi all so I suffer from intrusive thought and was see a girl who treated me very badly and now my intrusive thoughts are bk and am in a new  relationship which is great but ocd is affecting me to enjoy my life , so I will have a thought about the girl who treated me badly and then automatically think I’ve been round to the girl who treated me badly and then my anxiety goes through the roof and think shit I went round but even though I know it just my ocd I feel like i have cause I’ve had the thought I think it happened and believe it but feels like I’ve cheated on my new girlfriend I don’t want to speak about it to my new girlfriend as ocd has ruined past relationship just struggling to be able to say to my self or just ocd and all day and night keep going over it , did I go round to the bad girl I’m feel guilty all the time even tho it just a thought feels like I have done it but if I has I would know would I.  Just wanna know if any one has any ideas to help me out of this loop even think I go round there in my sleep if I have a thought</p>

wannabefree
      Participant

The one thing that comes to mind is’

Keep it simple, Suffering soul. (K.I.S.S.S.)

When we try to look too deeply into things, a lot of unexplainable things come to mind, that we ourselves, are in no way equipped to deal with. We nee to just ‘Allow things to just be’, instead of fruitless attempts at changing everything to our own desires. Other people are exactly that; Other people. With totally different viewpoints on life in general to our own.

Why are other people like that? Well, if we knew, perhaps life would be a little easier, I don’t know.

Wannabe

Forum Moderators

Hi:

Forum moderators here; we’re sorry you haven’t had many replies yet. Please don’t take this personally or ever think you’re alone. It may just be that forum users are taking a bit of  time to consider how to reply and support you.

And please remember that you can also contact the OCD Action Helpline to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential help, information and support for people with OCD (and anyone who thinks they may have OCD). Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your entire life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478 (this is a UK number).
          • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is always here to help and support you.

Best wishes,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.