Close
  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    fio13
    Participant

Hello, i hope you guys are all well/getting better and i’m sending strength to all of you!
      I have a question regarding my current sleep obsession, i want to know if anyone is dealing with the same thing because i don’t find anything online because its a specific « type » and i feel like no one gets me.
      (Sorry, long post)
      I usually deal with ocd but this theme is almost absent nowadays, I’m mostly left with a self-sabotaging insomnia i’m trying to get out of. I’ve had this issue on and off since my teenage years and it’s worse since i broke up with my boyfriend 4 months ago. I fall asleep in a « stressed » state and I wake up early feeling like i haven’t sleep a second and I look physically tired : eye bags, small eyes,..And the « aesthetical » aspect is actually what is mostly fueling this circle : scared to be fat and ugly and to age prematurately (i am 25 but since i have always had sleep problems and anxiety i keep telling myself i will look old soon and i will have cancer etc etc) and i just want to have my beauty sleep, also for my health. It just seems like i am not allowing myself to enjoy my life since this problem is worse the day before big events with friends or else. I have tried everything (natural products, meditation but maybe i should do it more consistently and also in the morning, lots of exercise) and the only things that work sometimes are Xanax Pills but i hate taking them.

For example, I have a date soon with a guy I met and i can’t sleep because i’m scared that if i am in this insomnia pattern it will ruin our day (we are going to do an activity outdoor) and i won’t be at my top potential attractiveness and looking unfresh, older,..i didn’t have that type of problems when i was dating before and i think it’s because it’s the first time i am really doing the dating process with self love and respect but somehow i am sabotaging the process i have no idea why. It is also weird i take it so « seriously » since i don’t want to be in a serious relationship right now. I know its not the end of the world if im tired i just can’t get that out of my head because i want to be fully able to experience it without being sleepy all the time.

Thanks a lot for reading I am kinda embarrassed about this topic since it is really a « small problem » compared to others things people experience here and i’ve experienced as well.

Forum Moderators

Forum moderators here:

We’re sorry you’re having difficulties with your sleep obsession and insomnia. Thanks for posting and please have a look around the forums as there several some posts that might help you.

You can also contact the OCD Action Helpline to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential information and support for people with OCD (or who think they may have OCD). Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your entire life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478
        • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

You can also find out about UK-based support groups on our website. These offer a safe place where you can talk openly about OCD and support other people too:

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is here to help and support you.

Best wishes

Forum Moderators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.