Close
  • This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by ocdtruthz.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ocdtruthz
    Participant

I’ve tried mood juice and have contamination OCD. I have frustrations with being constantly overwhelmed with thoughts/responsibilities that cause anxiety. It was the same when I was younger and used to do a lot of stuff.  Just something I’ve learnt in my experience of living with OCD is that as much as you might feel you are the one responsible for preventing bad things happen to other people. You are not!! They’ll make their own decision (risk assessment) for themselves as individuals so you shouldn’t feel bad if you can’t protect them should any consequences were to happen based on your or their actions.

One thing do when feeling/thinking negative was to try and go to sleep and reassess my thoughts/feelings once I woke up. – I found this made things clearer and me calmer when I did wake up. I also used to take smalls walks to get fresh air when I was overwhelmed. Lastly, if anyone is a young person (under25) it a good idea to check out the OCD Youth forum or pages to see if there’s anything there that may help you or OCD UK’s Young Ambassadors for Under 18s.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.