Close
  • This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years ago by kakashi97.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    kakashi97
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been suffering with OCD for quite a few years now and recently my anxiety and intrusive thoughts seemed to have settled the past few months. But recently I’ve started get a lot of anxiety and intrusive thoughts about something that happened a long time back.

When I was around 14, I was looking at pictures on social media. But I remember that one of the pictuss was of some of these characters [content edited by moderators]  But I remember at the time I became intrigued by the image. Anyways I think I just went past it and that was that. I never went back to look at it or searched for any more images like it.

But now I am getting really anxious and worried about what I did all those years ago and that it means I’m a disgusting human being etc. I have kind of accepted that I was young back then and still exploring etc and doesn’t reflect my behaviour now. But when I conjur a mental image of that picture in my head now, it feels like I am getting obsessed by it? I don’t know how to explain it – I know I don’t actually find it exciting but the thought comes into my head every now and then and makes me feel like I am enjoying the image? Like sometimes I am not disgusted by the image of it which makes me worry because shouldn’t I be repulsed by it?

Is this just a manifestation of my OCD or is this something else? Please can someone help.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.