Close
  • This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 months ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    deenamilton238
    Participant

Hi Am I trying to protect myself and everyone else in my family from my son’s negative intrusive thoughts, I know I can’t have control over his ocd life experiences. I know I have to let go a bit, and let his life happen. I care about our family, but I mustn’t get in the way of his life, that would lead to him resenting me, right?

johna2
      Participant

Neither you nor your son need to be thinking in terms of control. More like letting go.

I don’t know what the specifics are. If you want to say more I’ll try to help you more.

Forum Moderators

Forum moderators here:

We just want you to know that you can also contact the OCD Action Helpline and Email Service to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential information and support for people with OCD (and their families, friends and carers too). Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand OCD and how it can impact the lives of family, members, friends and carers. Contact our Helpline by:

– phone: 0300 636 5478
          – email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

Best wishes,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.