Close
  • This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Renegadesofjunk
    Participant

Hello, I’m 24 weeks pregnant and my OCD is the worst its ever been to the point it’s completely ruining my holiday and every evening I come home back and cry. Came off my medication when I found out I was pregnant as I was feeling quite good in myself.

It started off as worry about miscarriage, the baby dying, me dying, and now I just can’t stop thinking about how everyone has to die and as I just turned 36 the next half of my life will just be full of death. I’ve spent a lot of the week reading about how to make peace with death, whether older people fear death, whether people are scared when they die, and accounts of people with terminal cancer. It’s really starting to frighten me as I just feel incredibly hopeless and depressed and then I feel guilty because there’s a baby wriggling around completely unaware.

Any words of support/advice would be really appreciated, I feel really alone.

johna2
      Participant

I think you may have woken up to the fact that the world can be a pretty scary place. Me too, over the last two years especially.

My advise would be to try take one day at a time so far as possible. Try to live in the here and now, rather than worry about the future. Life is uncertain for everyone.

Renegadesofjunk
        Participant
        Participant

Thank you – although I think I’ve always known that or I wouldn’t have struggled with OCD for as long as I can remember! Trying to live in the moment can be easier said than done!

johna2
          Participant

Have a look at some of the books by Thich Nhat Hanh (Thích Nhất Hạnh), on mindfulness.

Forum Moderators

Hello:

Forum moderators here; we’re very sorry you’re having such a difficult time with your pregnancy and your OCD. Please keep following our forums, where you can read other helpful topics like yours.

Here are some resources for mothers (and mothers-to-be) with OCD that we hope you’ll find helpful:

Maternal OCD: this very helpful organisation helps pregnant women, mothers and medical professionals to understand OCD. Their website has lots of useful resources, especially in the “Help for Mums” section.

OCD Actions offers many types of support; some is specifically for pregnant women and mothers. Visit our website to:

You can also contact the OCD Action Help and Information Line to talk to or email someone who understands. This confidential service offers help, information and support for people with OCD – they’ve helped many pregnant women like you. Contact the Helpline by:

OCD Action Skype/Phone/Zoom support groups:. joining a group can be very helpful, as pregnant women and mums with OCD can talk to people who understand in a safe space. To find out more, on our Skype/Phone/Zoom Support Groups page, click on “I AM AN ADULT WITH OCD

You can read about and search for local independent OCD support groups in the UK here: Local Independent Support Groups

Whether you’re a mum or mum-to-be with OCD, please know that you’re never alone – OCD Action is here to support you.

Forum Moderators

Forum Moderators

Hello:

Forum Moderators again; We just want to remind you that you can also contact the OCD Action Helpline to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential help, information and support for people with OCD (and anyone who thinks they may have OCD). Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your entire life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478 (this is a UK number).
                • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

We hope this is helpful,

Best wishes,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.