Close
  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    August19
    Participant

I have a 18 month old son and my ITS and ocd and harmocd has revolved around him since he was 6 weeks old. I’ve had bad and good days but recently had better than any, I’m pregnant again so I guess my ITs and ocd have now picked up again and are bad due to hormones changing etc. Anyway I went for a nap today and I remember dreaming about My partner and my family were in it too. Me and My partner were gonna have a bath or something Idk and I remember being in the living room with dolls? Like those plastic dolls and liking them and thinking it was ok. I remember feeling like [comment edited by moderators] and I think I woke up briefly and then [comment edited by moderators]

Like 99% sure at least. I don’t know what to do. I literally woke up and [comment edited by moderators]

When I was younger I used to do this, and I guess in the dream I thought it was ok bc it was no different to that. Until I woke up up and then realised what had happened when I was fully awake. [comment edited by moderators] and I’m sure it was definitely in real life that I woke up and [comment edited by moderators] I was half asleep but remember it throughout my sleep when I’d wake up briefly  again. I don’t know way to do anymore.

Forum Moderators

Hello:

Forum moderators here; we’re very sorry you’re having such a difficult time coping with your anxiety and your OCD, while being a mum and pregnant – and we want you to know how to access more help and support.

Here are some resources for mothers with OCD that we hope you’ll find useful:

Maternal OCD: the website of this organisation that helps mothers with OCD has lots of useful resources; have a look at the “Help for Mums” section.

Maternal OCD explains that seeing your GP is the first step in accessing the support and treatment you deserve. Read more on this page on their website

OCD Action’s website also lots of very helpful information about accessing help and support; some is specifically for pregnant women and mothers. Visit our website to:

You can also contact the OCD Action Help and Information Line to talk to or email someone who understands OCD. This confidential service offers help, information and support for people with OCD – they’ve helped mothers like you. Contact the Helpline by:

OCD Action Skype/Phone/Zoom support groups:. joining a group can be very helpful, as you can talk to people who understand in a safe space. To find out more, on our Skype/Phone/Zoom Support Groups page, click on “I AM AN ADULT WITH OCD

You can read about and search for local independent OCD support groups in the UK here (OCD Action is currently reviewing the information we hold for these groups. Please check this page soon to find a group in your area): Local Independent Support Groups

And just please know that you’re never alone – OCD Action is here to support you.

Forum Moderators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.