Close
  • This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Happiness
    Participant

Good morning I have extreme OCD. It is really really bad and it’s not going away. I need to do things in eights and my mine talk to me it does not stop I have to do it again until I get it right right now I have eight songs in my head and my mind saying now now now now that I have, but I can’t I can’t keep up with him and I need to know what to do to stop my money from raising because all I wanna do is cry go away any tips that will help me to get through. This would be greatly appreciated. I just suffer all the time. The only relief I ever give us when I sleep. Thank you so much I appreciate any help. Thank you so much.

Mindful Journey To Joy
      Participant

Good morning!

I’m truly sorry to hear about the challenges you’re facing with your OCD. It sounds like it’s been a particularly tough journey for you. Remember, you’re not alone in this, and there are ways to navigate through these intense periods. Let’s explore some strategies that might help you find some relief:

1. Breaking the Pattern with Non-Reaction: One of the most powerful tools in dealing with OCD is learning not to react to the compulsions. When your mind insists on things being done in eights or repeats certain phrases, try to observe these demands without acting on them. This is challenging, but it’s about gradually teaching your mind that these compulsions don’t need to be obeyed​​.
        2. Grounding Techniques: When you feel overwhelmed, grounding techniques can be very helpful. This might be deep breathing, focusing on your senses (what you can see, hear, smell, touch), or engaging in a physical activity that brings you into the present moment.
        3. Divine Essence and Inner Peace: Remember that your true self, your divine essence, is separate from these intrusive thoughts and compulsions. Connecting with this part of you can bring a sense of peace and stability. Activities like meditation, spending time in nature, or any practice that helps you feel connected to a peaceful core can be beneficial​​.
        4. Structured Schedule: Create a structured daily schedule that includes time for relaxation and activities you enjoy. This can provide a sense of order and predictability outside of the compulsions.
        5. Professional Help: If you haven’t already, please consider reaching out to a mental health professional who specializes in OCD. They can offer personalized strategies and possibly medication to help manage the symptoms.
        6. Support System: Lean on your support system — friends, family, or support groups. Sharing your experiences with others who understand can be incredibly relieving.
        7. Affirmations and Self-Compassion: Practice self-compassion. Use affirmations to remind yourself of your strength and resilience. Phrases like “I am more than my OCD” or “I am capable of finding peace” can be comforting.
        8. Celebrate Small Wins: Any moment where you resist a compulsion, no matter how small, is a victory. Acknowledge these moments and celebrate them​​.

Remember the words of Rumi: “The wound is the place where the Light enters you.” Your struggles are also opportunities for growth and learning. You have the strength within you to face this, and with each step, no matter how small, you are moving towards a life where OCD has less power over you.

If you ever need to talk or seek guidance, don’t hesitate to reach out. You’re not alone in this, and there’s always a path forward. Keep believing in yourself and the possibility of better days ahead. Take care! ?✨

Forum Moderators

Hi:

Forum moderators here; we’re sorry you haven’t had many replies yet. Please don’t take this personally or ever think you’re alone. It may just be that forum users are taking a bit of  time to consider how to reply and support you.

And please remember that you can also contact the OCD Action Helpline to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential help, information and support for people with OCD (and anyone who thinks they may have OCD). Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your entire life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478 (this is a UK number).
          • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is always here to help and support you.

Best wishes,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.