Close
  • This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by johna2.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    aurora
    Participant

So, I’m not sure how to start the discussion, but in case there are experts, I would like to ask if they can understand whether my disorder is OCD or something else since I’ve never had the courage to see a psychologist. Since I was little I have had these “tourette” symptoms but they were too strange to be just that because they didn’t have a stable frequency, for example there was my obsession with blinking a certain number of times and in a certain way, or repeating words until I said them the way my brain wanted me to say them, and so on, all this happened when my brain got the idea of ​​having to do these things, but it happened often. Over the years they transformed into something else, I started to feel the need to do certain movements until I did them “right”, or to put things in a certain way and do them a certain number of times or I was afraid that something would happen to me, I started having obsessive thoughts, which involve movements by different people, and until I can “think” those movements as I want them to be I can’t stop thinking about them (I know it’s a bit weird but I can’t really explain it), they have become more and more frequent and are affecting my lifestyle and my sanity because I think about it all the time, does anyone have any ideas as to what exactly it could be? thanks in advance and sorry for the long discussion

Ninnie
      Participant

Sounds like OCD, but you’d need to get a professional diagnosis to be sure.

johna2
        Participant

Yes, sounds like ocd.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.