Close
  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    katya
    Participant

My son was diagnosed in the summer and started on meds. He was lucky to start therapy a few weeks later. The meds were increased every 2wks and nothing seemed to be happening until he was getting into exposure response and then things just started improving week on week. He’s coming to the end of the therapy now but he’ll stay on the meds for at least another 6 months. I think has helped to ease the anxiety and allow him to work on things. That said I agree with the social side also helping because he started doing his sport again and then coaching others too which has really given him a huge boost

Forum Moderators

Hello:

Forum Moderators again; We just want to remind you that you can also contact the OCD Action Helpline to talk to or email someone who understands OCD and how it can effect family members.

You can get confidential information and support for your OCD from a Helpline volunteer who knows how OCD can impact everyone’s life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478
        • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

We hope this reminder is helpful,

Best wishes,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.