Close
  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by wannabefree.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mayraspalding
    Participant

I been on ocd meds for years and want to come off meds, do REALLY meds help you to stay steady and stop feeling down? Or should l to stay on them? I’m on a low dose, and they are prescribed by my gp, but the meds aren’t doing me well. Should I see what my gp says or just stop?

wannabefree
      Participant

To be honest, from a low ‘maintenance’ dose, I just sort of stopped… Decided to stop for a couple of weeks, to determine what happens. Nothing happened… Literally nothing…  In fact, I began to think more clearly… My happy memories returned. I started to actually live again.

Wonderful!

Keep ylur doctlr in the loop, they don’t mind you taking control of your life. It is your life after all. It saves on prescription charges too!

Definitely give it a go…  There will always the option to regroup in the future…

But the sense of freedom can be wonderful.

I am not a healthcare professional,  so cannot legally suggest anything to you. But I  myself am glad I did.

Wannabe

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.