Close
  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi I’m sorry if anyone’s going through a rough time. I’ve never posted anything on the OCD Action forum before, so I’m sorry if this isn’t at all helpful.

If you’re struggling, trying doing exercises you do with a therapist. I find that really helpful, and have done some this morning as I’m struggling. My therapist encouraged me to use the Theory A/Theory B exercise. Has anyone tried that one? You can probably find it online, but it’s definitely in this book, which I found incredibly helpful and dip into every now and then. Would 100% recommend. You can probably loan it from the library: https://www.ocduk.org/shop/break-free-from-ocd/

Also, in a lot of places in the UK you can now self-refer for mental health services, rather than needing to go via the GP. They can often be easier to get hold of, and quicker to respond. Perhaps Google your borough and something like ‘Improving Access to Psychological Therapies/IAPT’ to find the scheme?

Also, remember when you’re thinking that things won’t get better, that you’ve probably thought this before, but things did get better for a while!

Take care, and go easy on yourselves

H

Forum Moderators

Thanks for your very thoughtful post – we want you to know that OCD Action offers several types of support for you.

You can contact the OCD Action Helpline and Email Service to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential information and support for people with OCD. Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

Support groups for people with OCD offer a safe place where you can talk openly about OCD and support other people. Read information about UK-based groups here:

If you don’t live in the UK, look for groups near you on the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) website. Under “Find Help”, choose “Listing Types”, then “Support Groups”: https://iocdf.org/

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is here to support you.

Forum Moderators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.