Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community OCD & Intrusive Thoughts Constantly repeating myself

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by wannabefree.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

I’m sorry I don’t mean to constantly be repeating myself snd apologizing for the thoughts. I just don’t know how else to express myself. I’m terrible at doing that to begin with snd then to try and explain these things it’s so difficult for me I don’t know how else to do it. Whenever I sit with the thoughts snd I realize that I know I don’t want them. But it’s having that initial thought intrusive or not that bothers me the most I think. I hate that I even have them and I don’t understand why. I don’t understand any of this. I understand that I may not feel uncomfortable or weird or disgusted because I have desensitized myself to the thoughts in general, but I don’t understand then why they just don’t just go away. That’s what makes it worse because then it feels like I like the thoughts when I know I don’t because I have moments when I absolutely know I don’t. Even when I do feel better I still feel depressed. I’ve never felt so angry and irritable and that’s bothering me too. I feel so mean like people think I’m a bitch and I’m really not. I just don’t understand any of this and just want it to go away

Forum Moderators

Hi:

Forum moderators here; we’re sorry you haven’t had many replies yet. Please don’t take this personally or ever think you’re alone. It may just be that forum users are taking a bit of  time to consider how to reply and support you.

And please remember that you can also contact the OCD Action Helpline to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential help, information and support for people with OCD (and anyone who thinks they may have OCD). Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your entire life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478 (this is a UK number).
        • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is always here to help and support you.

Best wishes,

Forum Moderators

wannabefree
        Participant

Hi there…

One of the ‘tricks of the trade’ I use, is writing stuff down, either on a website, or debating society… It gets it out of my head for a while, and I can actually see it in text in front of me. I ask the world to discuss things… If they don’t, then it becomes their problem, not mine. No one can say that I didn’t say anything, Cos I did, and in Writing…

I spotted a problem maybe…

Do you sometimes feel that you are the only witness to things?  No one else noticed, But it is important to me, sort of thing…

I had this when working in a commercial kitchen… In the end, I just gave up… I started to ignore stuff…

No one ever got ill…

Writing something down in a secret file or journal on the computer, for instance. Reduces the need to try and ‘Remember everything’,  and allows us the freedom of mind to start to enjoy things again…  It’s not for anyone else to see necessarily, it is to just get it out of our heads, so to speak. And that is a lot better for us sufferers.

Wannabe

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.