I’ve been wondering for a while now, but does anyone here have ocd obsessions regarding their gender identity? I just want to know to be sure I’m not alone in this. Here are some of my compulsions/obsessions I have had:
– I’m a cis girl who worries I could be a trans boy in denial
– I always assert my gender identity to myself by repeating the phrase “I am a girl” over and over in my head or sometimes whispered out loud.
– I write certain phrases over and over on paper such as “I am a girl”, “I go by she/her”, “I am female”. It’s gotten to the point where I sometimes write it all over my homework notes, journal, and sketchbook.
– I sometimes write the phrases “I am a boy, I go by he/him, I am male” to test out how I feel about it and every time I feel like it’s wrong.
– I constantly feel hyper-aware about how I feel in regards to my body. Whenever I get intrusive thoughts of being a boy, I look at myself in the mirror and start checking if I feel discomfort in my body, and I never do. I even touch myself in order to make sure I feel comfortable having this body.
– I look up pictures of men and ask myself “do I want to look like that?” and time and time again I’ve said no. I look at pictures of women and I recognize that to be my gender.
– I’ve taken many trans quizzes to see if there was any sort of indication I was trans, and pretty much everyone I’ve taken says I’m not trans and that I’m cisgender, which I believe, but then doubt kicks in and says “what if you didn’t answer truthfully?”
– I try imagining myself as a man to see if it is what I want, which I don’t really think I do.
I’m just listing my experience with this obsession and I want to know if anyone else has or is experiencing this or something similar. I just don’t wanna feel like I’m the only person going through this, and I wanna be sure others have experienced this same exact thing. And if anyone has gotten over it.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.