Close
wannabefree
Participant
Participant

Well, we’ve  achieved it again…

Hi friends, another weekend beckons…

I’ve been thinking about giving something as a present… It is for a charity shop, but it is a special item. When I first got it, I  travelled a very long way in the car. I got it home and repaired it, made it perfect. I have put something into it, something of myself…

Okay… They could come and collect it in a van for free… But that just wouldn’t be the same would it? It is my present to them… I  have to carry this thing in through their door, show it to them, show them how to display it for sale to raise their funds… Give it to them myself…

They may not get a lot of money for it… But I will get the joy of giving… Way, way above any monetary value. Next week sometime when I  can get someone to get me there in their car.

It is a bit heavier and bulky than a chocolate biscuit…

I bought a cheap microphone today… it will plug into my sound system. I want to try singing again… I  did it as part of attending a daycentre for therapy… The resident pop group played loudly, and I gradually got the confidence to join in. It really lifts our spirit… I t is a personal thing, deep inside ourselves. Most of us do naturally sing in tune anyway, mind you, some professionals use something called autotune to correct their vocals. Don’t sing on headphones, harmonise with music on speakers. There are satellite tv channels that are great for this, and if you add a sub-woofer to your system, the sound can be brilliant.

There used to be a system on-line called sing to the world .com, which is well worth a listen. Singing is a brilliant lifter. Try it when the house around you is empty…

I went to a cafe for lunch today… just basic, but it was nice to hear what those around us were saying. Their lives very often are so similat to our own… Same aspirations and hopes… similar  problems… We end up not feeling quite so overwhelmed by our own issues, and gives a welcome break to our own sometimes relentless thought patterns.

We can be anonymous… Hide behind a cuppa… Whatch the babies in pràms and buggies. Give a happy smile, make their day, and thus, ultimately  yours and mine. Say a smiling Thankyou to the till operator. It’s  not as easy as it sounds!

Next week we can look at not checking everything quite as much… Gradually scaling back, so that ultimately the thought compulsions follow suit… Well… Hopefully.

Have a pleasant weekend everyone…

Until next Friday then 15/03/2024, at about the same time, 6pm right here…

Wannabe