Close
wannabefree
Participant

Hi there… And Welcome…

It’s sure not easy… My contamination OCD was linked very strongly to the fear of harming others, either directly or indirectly… And mainly children… After all, we are supposed to prevent them from any even discomfort.

I guess that children are more resilient than we realise, cos they don’t yet know all the frightening stuff that us grown-ups hear or read about on a daily basis… Maybe we care too much for our own good…

We hear every day about the injustices in the world, and yet, right now, there is the risk of a volcano erupting that, as long as it doesn’t affect the flightpaths of the ultra rich going to ski slopes, it is largely ignored.

We care so much for our little ones, and that is a good thing… Some people just don’t give a damn…

We are good people us sufferers… And yet we feel useless…

Just continue with what you are doing to protect your little ones… Keep giving them all the time you can, and they will build their own resilience, and your fears are bound to decrease.

I have to let things be less than perfectly clean… It hurts me to do that, and yet… Somehow things will come right in time…

I hope!

I may be way off here, but, then again, it is another’s point of view… I’m a great-grandad. And for some reason, the younger ones think I’m wonderful!

Maybe we both are!

Wannabe