Close
wannabefree
Participant
Participant

Today, it is my turn to be a suffering soul… I put some Christmas lights up to sort of add some colour to the darkness…

At Christmas time, all the thoughts sort of focus over everything. Some are cheerful, but, it’s also dark and cold outside. This time of the year brings up a focus on all the not so good things that have happened in the last year… We’ve lost people due to car crashes, Covid, and many other ailments like cancer etc. It is a stark contrast, and depression sets in for the day…

As an OAP, I rely on finances a lot. The rent, The heating, Council tax and food. Grandchildren having enough to cope at school… Worries about what is going on in the wider world…

As of Christmas, both myself and my partner will be on OAP, and hopefully enough to pay our way…

That’s where K.I.S.S.S comes in for me right now, this very minute… Keep It Simple, Suffering Soul.

The money will be there… I trust my faith for that… I have projects that have literally taken years to set up, many still to do, And yet; Looking back for a moment, Everything that has happened in my life, has brought me to where I stand right now. And right now, even with its occasional downtimes, would never have happened without going through that, quite frankly, awful metaphorical rainstorm, to get to the rainbow I see today.

Life is just about okay… But only just, and that is on my good days. I just sort of ‘float’ through everything else.

I take pleasure in musical projects, I notice when the warm sun shines in through my kitchen window… I sit bundled up with clothing, and go under the blankets to breath warm air. Very basic things, but real.

We rent our home… But hopefully we won’t get turfed out… We’ve got far too much stuff to live anywhere else… The bills will be dealt with when they come, not before. Same as the credit cards.

Right now, it is literally one breath after the other, sniffing the air for pleasant odours… Pretty coloured lights give pleasure to the eyes.

For the next hour, I will endeavour to not worry about all my life problems at once, in a sort of whirlpool of water, or tornado of wind. Other people will be doing the same, so I need not worry about them right now…

So Today, Up until bedtime, and most likely beyond…

I will try my hardest to;

Keep It Simple, Suffering Soul.

More later…

Let’s all try…

Wannabe