Close
wannabefree
Participant
Participant

Hi friends.

This idea of ‘Bontamination’ then… It is a derivation of the word ‘Contamination’. But using the prefix ‘Bon’ which comes from the french for ‘Good’. A good form of ‘contamination’. An immense positive.

It considers the idea that, If I touch something in a shop, for instance, Whatever my fingers put down onto that item, or indeed, pick up from it, and then transfer to something else, but is insufficient to cause myself, or indeed, anyone else, overload of natural defences, immunity system if you like, then it is actually a good thing…

In fact, our natural defences, are like a muscle, or other bodily system, they actually need to be challenged in order to strengthen themselves, A workout if you like… It is actually good for us to be ‘grubby’ sometimes.

I reckon it is a good idea, the problem is actually taking the risk…

When I go into a burger bar or restaurant, I glance around me. All those other people… Have ‘any’ of them got clean hands? Really? Could I ever be held responsible for anyone of those people being inconvenienced by tummyache?

Do they ever get tummyache? I don’t know. But if their hands are already ‘grubby’, they’ll give themselves something, long before I could ever do…  So…  I am free… Free!  And you can be too…

That’s really good isn’t it?  So… It’s time to go to your favourite ‘no knives and forks’ restaurant, and buy something nice to eat. Whilst eating, glance around at what other people are touching… Cash… Bank cards… The toilet doors…  And also, become aware of the very few people who use the hand dryers before they re-enter the eating area.

So… Just like babies crawling on the floor, and putting their fingers in their mouths… A natural part of development…  Even essential… So… Let’s allow ours and theirs natural defences to become super strong… Let’s actually do them a favour…  Rather than worry that we’ve done something less than perfect… Germs are everywhere… But then that has always been the case… We are actually resistant to our natural environment…  And that is an essential to our survival… And that is evidence that would stand up in a court of law… We are free to live our own lives… Thanks to good old biology.

One of the most powerful forces on earth…

A simple new word… ‘Bontamination’. Maybe one day it will be an important part of our vocabulary, Who knows?

Next week we will have a look at coping better with stress, so we aren’t always exhausted…

If you can find it on youtube, check out ‘Desiderata’, narrated by Les Crane. It is an interesting philosophy… A good way of living our lives. There used to also be a website called ‘Inspiration Peak’, I’ll check that one out too.

Until next week then…  06/10/2023, at about the same time…

Take it steady dear friends…

Wannabe