Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) The last ten years of contamination and checking ocd. And where I seem to be now Reply To: The last ten years of contamination and checking ocd. And where I seem to be now

wannabefree
Participant
Participant

The cuddly toy is mended… I haven’t sprayed it… Can I let my grandchildren handle it? If they wish to, Yes… They have their own natural defences, as of course, do I.  I need to share my joy with others, cos it feels good to do so…

I had cheese on crumpets for lunch today. Pulled the block of cheese out of the plastic wrapper… Anything on the wrapper? Did it transfer to the the cheese? It was handled by the checkout operator in the supermarket… They sell all manner of products… It always goes through the checkouts… Has done for years… Anything there has been okay for years… So let’s let it be okay today, now, right this minute…

Loaves of bread… We’ve never washed them, have we? And tubs of margarine… Packs of butter… Salt and vinegar in the fish and chip shop.

At the amusement arcade… Coins… They don’t even ‘look’ clean…

This is all evidence in support of ourselves. Others aren’t perfectly sterile, so why on earth do we need to be? Banish the tyranny of the ‘Shoulds, musts and oughts’,  They are often self-destructive.

Let’s carry on being good people…

Wannabe