Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) The last ten years of contamination and checking ocd. And where I seem to be now Reply To: The last ten years of contamination and checking ocd. And where I seem to be now

wannabefree
Participant
Participant

Well, I have not done anything more regarding getting on the dentists list… My teeth are in a sorry state, but as I’m a child of the 1960’s I have a well justified fear of the dentist. Anaesthetics that didn’t work. ‘Bicycle pump’ sized syringes as injectors, The horrible taste of pink mouthwash, and those horrible old drills with the cream coloured frames, and loads of pulleys and drive belts… Then the air drill, with the freezing blast of air to make us scream…  X-rays, The dreaded hygienist who spoke to the  adult father me, as if I was a naughty little schoolchild…  Terrible memories. They used guilt therapy in an unsuccessful way to make us look after our teeth better… Anyway, I digress…

I have to wear glasses… And I never cease to be amazed, just how often they need cleaning, so that I can focus on anything whilst wearing them. I tend to use my tee shirt as a polishing cloth… I wear them all the time, I really don’t know where the case is, and thus the proper polishing cloth… I never antibacterialise them… It would probably ruin the special coatings on the lenses.

Tomorrow will be another day to look forward to… We visit two of our grandchildren tomorrow… It keeps me young at heart. I’m also expecting a parcel imminently, something very special. It is second hand… It won’t be sterile… But it will be a lot of fun. It even needs mending! When perfect, they cost a lot more… And anyway, I like mending things! (At least, when they actually work afterwards!).

I listen to the radio at night to help me sleep… A fairly local commercial station, easyish going music, but great stuff as I awaken in the morning…  I’m gonna switch it on now… It has very good speakers, so the sound is warm and comforting…

I’ve thought about having a dab radio, but the signal for those is even worse than fm. We live in a rural area, so, we are probably lucky to have internet at all…  Oh Well…

Music is great therapy… Concentrating on joining in with songs  takes my mind off stuff that seeks to worry me… Planning hobby projects helps to make tomorrow feel like worth waiting for. I treat myself by sending off for stuff… Waiting for it gives structure to my days and weeks…

It is almost Saturday as I write… The postie comes tomorrow… I wonder if any of my items will arrive? Sometimes the waiting is part of the fun, deliberately engineering nice things to come to my home… I’ve had some fab stuff of ebay, and met lots of wonderful people along the way…  More later…

God bless you for reading…

Wannabe