Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) The last ten years of contamination and checking ocd. And where I seem to be now Reply To: The last ten years of contamination and checking ocd. And where I seem to be now

wannabefree
Participant
Participant

Okay… Tonight I will suggest something…

For the next twenty four hours, unless we are doing food preparation… Let’s only wash our hands after flushing the loo, and then, once only… That’s all… Sure, we’ll get anxious, but then let’s busy ourselves with something else… Using the remote control to flick through the TV channels, find something absorbing to watch… Resist the urge to wash hands until next time we need to use the loo… Let the anxiety rise up, but then, after a relatively short time, abate… It almost always does… Other people will be safe to put their hands on the remote control too, they already have the same relatively harmless stuff on their hands too. In Biology they call anything naturally on our hands, ‘Normal flora’.  Instead of a threat, it is actually a first line of defence… Our skin is the largest organ in the human body, It is like a sealed container, protecting us constantly from our normal environment, be it the bed, pillow, door handle etc.

I’ll give this one a go as well… More in a few days…

God bless you for reading.

Wannabe