Close
  • This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by Rosenrot.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Rosenrot
    Participant

Hi,

It’s late but I’ll give a short update. The student housing company sent the janitor to inspect the apartment today and he confirmed that it was in a bad state and that a professional cleaning was needed “as soon as possible”.
      I still feel very depressed somehow that the room I was assigned seems to be in a far worth condition than the one on the opposite site of the hall which was assigned to a friend from my class for whom I picked up the keys (she had started her studies in her home country and has not arrived here yet). Her room is ok, and also facing the sunnier south-east, mine is darker, shabbier, the window is broken … which also gives me the feeling – shudder – that probably it was my room which accommodated the most disgusting person of them all, the one responsible for the mess in the common areas. It’s these ruminations which distress me a lot, I feel like the room has a bad “aura” because somebody repulsive has lived in it, used and touched everything. And so my things will become disgusting and dirty too through being in this room… I shudder to touch anything that “this person” has touched etc…

It’s also a little frustrating that I am responsible for getting the place cleaned up while my friend doesn’t have to do anything and got the nicer room on top of it.

Unfortunately I doubt that the other two students living in the apartment will help me. I still haven’t seen them but as they have lived there for some time already, they’re most likely part of the reason for why the apartment looks so desastrous. That’s why I rather fear meeting them and having to deal with them.

I don’t really want to spend money on a new mattress but I indeed considered getting a mattress cover so I have some “distance” from it.

Lectures are starting next week here, digitally again. I also have to hand in a topic for my master’s thesis soon. It’s not easy to concentrate and at the moment I’m still sleeping on my friend’s couch…

I hope the food was tasty at least! I’m cooking quite a lot here to give something back to my friend for hosting me. Tomorrow it will be simple, mashed potatoes and mushrooms.

Best

Rosenrot

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.