Close
  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cg123
    Participant

I recently split up with my ex girlfriend, it went quite well considering, afterwards I completely bombarded her with messages and gifts for 2 weeks, even though she was very clear it is over, I understand that getting dumped hurts and a lot of people smother there ex’s afterwards,I thought we were going to settle down and have kids I wanted to propose. I’ve struggled with ocd for most of my life and am afraid that me reaching out over and over is a compulsion even though I logically understand it’s over, I’ve written hundreds of letters and messages and not sent them it’s consuming my life. Ive never behaved like this in past breakups and am worried my OCD is getting involved, I hate myself so much as I’ve completely ruined my chances of a friendship with her, as she has blocked me everywhere, I do understand why she did it, it’s completely not fair to her. I don’t know if anyone has experienced something similar or if I’m just being the typical crazy ex?

I am also now worried that I’m actually a narraccist and my ocd has been massive lie and excuse, and I’m making it up to get me off the hook for being a bad person because I feel guilty.

Forum Moderators

Hi:

Forum moderators here; we’re sorry you haven’t had many replies yet. Please don’t take this personally or ever think you’re alone. It may just be that forum users are taking a bit of  time to consider how to reply and support you.

And please remember that you can also contact the OCD Action Helpline to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential help, information and support for people with OCD (and anyone who thinks they may have OCD). Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your entire life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478 (this is a UK number).
        • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is always here to help and support you.

Best wishes,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.