Close
  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Nigel.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    wannabefree
    Participant

Hi there. For me, the forum helps me to realise that I am not alone. That this is something that affects other people too. Rather than seeking reassurance,  I seek to try and accept what is happening,  and self praise myself for every step forwards… Read up as much as we can, about this demon Ocd. It can be combatted. Keep a journal, write down every achievement,  and refer to it often. Even write your own book one day…  I t is us conscientious ones who seem to struggle most with these issues…

Welcome.

Wannabe

Nigel
      Participant

Hi Wannabe,

Thanks for replying.

You’re right. Every step forward feels so empowering. I’d love to write a book about it one day. I started but haven’t carried on. Maybe I will…

The empowerment quickly changes to panic and desperation. Then not seeking reassurance provides empowerment again. I’m in the panic stage at the moment flipping between the two.

I’m trying to enjoy the sun but it’s so difficult sometimes. My mind keeps focusing on the doubt.

Do you know any good techniques or do we just say, do your worst?

Thanks

N

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.