Close
wannabefree
Participant
Participant

I’ve had to bring this one forward today…

It’s sure not easy dealing with OCD, and mental health in general… I’m dealing with a few issues… I’m coming off meds… I need to stick with this now… I’ve just got a bit of a cold today, but I’m still upbeat and cheerful… I’ve had some good news about one of my hobbies… A piece of musical equipment needs a new battery to retain it’s memories… I’d expected it to be an expensive manufacturer only part, but it turns out it needs an ordinary button cell like in a car key… They are easy to obtain. So I’ll get that sorted out in the next few days.

Keeping it simple is the art of not trying to think too deeply into things…

We live in rental accommodation, so, in theory, there is always the risk that we could be given notice to vacate… No fault evictions they call it…  So we aren’t 100% certain we will stay here… We are on the local authority list, so there is backup, just in case… But we have to be optimistic. We have indeed done nothing to upset neighbours or landlord. So we should be okay… Well… As okay as far as is possible…

To be fair… Property owners can be subject to compulsory purchase… If some scheme needs the land for some hair-brained project… We just have to go one day at a time… We are none of us here for ever anyway…

Just float along gently until bedtime…  Remember KISSS.  It is the new watchword for coping with ordinary life…

I’m due to visit a relative in hospital, in a couple of days…

In past times I would be using antibac gel on my hands almost continuously when on a ward. Everything I came into contact with… Door handles… Even curtains… And yet… I didn’t notice anybody else being so conscientious. Mind you, I wouldn’t have been watching anyone else… Unless of course to be the only witness to someone else’s actions…

Even though… Keeping things simple… Those actions were fine… The only person worrying was me… It was backfiring on me… My mental health was getting wrecked… I couldn’t cope with stuff like that…

But… If others can be less than perfectly clean, that gives me permission too. They don’t have to, and neither do I.

Yes! Neither do I! So…

Let’s keep it simple… Let germs be there… Allow ours and others natural defences to strengthen in our natural environment. It happens automatically, 24 hours a day… Asleep or awake…  K.I.S.S.S.

I’m in charge of cooking tonight’s evening meal… I will have a look in the freezer, choose something special… Mmmm… I like that idea…

Wannabe