Close
wannabefree
Participant
Participant

Okay… I really thought copy and paste would work, but my system seems incompatible in some way. So I’ve printed it, and now write it in full on here, before it times out on me.

Todays post;

Okay, Today we will think about something that has probablt happened to us all at some point…

Have you ever felt let down, I mean, Really let down? It could be when you were looking forward to buying yourself something really special, And then been told No, Or maybe when you were seeking reassurance, and it was kept from you…

I used to be part of a care team. I say team… But it destroyed itself with all the pettiness. As hard as I tried, Nothing I did was ever good enough…

One way of dealing with this, is to identify the main cause or culprit, and confront it… Hard.

I do it in writing… That way I don’t forget anything. I put a notice on the desk of my church yesterday. At least then, if I should find somewhere else better, They cannot say that I never told anyone.

Some so-called ‘religious’ people are absolutely horrid… Critical, self-righteous, moody, judgemental, even just plain nasty.

Whitney Houston recorded a song ‘The greatest love of all’. It is apt and to the point. It is also quite easy to play on an organ/keyboard.

I hoped to play in church… But it is difficult ‘getting in the door’ so to speak, with a musical instrument, especially when, like myself, you cannot read musical notation.

For all this reasoning, I do not class myself as a ‘Christian’, I’m really a person of faith…

Yes… Simply a person of faith. I attend salvation army church at present, but they seem to prefer brass band or piano. I cannot do either!

Too many people ask, and seem to get some sort of reassurance about someone being a a Christian, or Soldier in uniform, a Corps cadet (Salvationist).

The islamic faith revere the virgin mary…

It isn’t about being in a ‘uniform’ . It is about what is in our hearts, the kind of people we are. The Church of England’ doesn’t exist in Scotland…. We ourselves, are not the only ones who are right, or indeed wrong for that matter…

There is room in ‘Heaven’ for all faiths, There has to be, because, in many countries, Christianity is forbidden.

I do wear an ordinary hat, but no uniform. I move incognito, I am trying not to be a target for other people’s wrath, (Especially those in uniform…)

Some people, when they are in ‘uniform’ of some kind, can be really bolshy… Have you noticed?

As regards church, we are supposed to be encouraging people in, not driving them out. Is it like the nursing profession, people leaving faster than they can be recruited?

Church needs to be comfortable, otherwise people would not stay…

Com’on, be honest; Would you?

So… I may have to play somewhere else… Where people don’t build your hopes up, only for them to get resisted against.

I once worked for a boss who didn’t give a damn about the workforce… In the end, the excessive noise put me in hospital…

How does this relate to me having OCD?  Well, mine was brought on by PTSD. A sense of responsibility, a ridiculous sense of guilt as well. Nothing I could ever do would ever be good enough…

Do you remember when you got your school report? Taking it home to show your parents…

There would always be at least 2 teachers who were ‘very disappointed’ with my progress.

But hey, No one is really ever good at everything. That is why we all need everyone else. That is how we get doctors and CBT therapists, as well as all the support staff…

Part of growing from OCD is gonna involve being a little less hard on ourselves.  Rob Willson is a good writer, as is Louise Hay, and Dale Carnegie.

Do you have any requests for next Friday? Same place, but about 6pm!

Until next week then my dear friends. ‘Let’s be careful out there.’ (Anyone know the origins of that line?)

Wannabe