That’s understandable. Not all therapists understand ocd. I’ve heard of people having been caused problems because of ignorant doctors, therapists and social services.

    That being the case I would only be willing to speak to a psychiatrist if I were you. Tell your doctor that you believe you suffer from ocd, but don’t go into too many details. Tell the doctor that you want to see a psychiatrist for an evaluation. Once you have the evaluation you can ask for RELEVANT therapy for ocd.