Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) The last ten years of contamination and checking ocd. And where I seem to be now Reply To: The last ten years of contamination and checking ocd. And where I seem to be now

wannabefree
Participant
Participant

Hi everyone… Something that thousands of people do at least once a week… Fuel the car…  During Covid,  we have been encouraged to use the disposable  gloves provided at the pump… I did this religiously when buying diesel fuel. When it gets on the skin, the smell transfers to everything else. It isn’t  unusual to find the handle on the hose wet with the stuff. Indeed, when I was employed as a tractor driver, it would be on my hands all of the time. That was many years ago. I don’t want it on nice clothing etc. But ordinary petrol? It evaporates away and is gone… So, today, I gave it a go… No gloves, filled the car, paid with card, and done. I did use a face covering. I consider that to still be a good idea. What is on the door handles of the car? I don’t honestly know,  but it will only be the about the same as it has always been… Reasonably clean.  And that hasn’t been a bad thing… So, maybe it will be easier for me to do again, next time the car needs fuel…

That gives us all permission to just be ‘Reasonably clean’, at least, most of the time…

God bless you for reading…

Wannabe