Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) The last ten years of contamination and checking ocd. And where I seem to be now Reply To: The last ten years of contamination and checking ocd. And where I seem to be now

wannabefree
Participant
Participant

Hi again, everyone… Today has been interesting… I had a voucher towards food at my local store… I got there, and started loading the trolley… I had a minimum spend, so went for it, so to speak… I got most of the way around the store, then realised, I had my cards to pay, but that I’d left the voucher on the table at home. I thought about things for a moment, then got someone to keep an eye on the trolley for me, and got home, ten minutes away, picked up the voucher, then carried on with my shop…  It meant a lot of walking…  Any dog poo on the pavement? To be honest, I wasn’t looking that closely, but know that, if there was to be any, I’d see it in front of me, at a hundred yards… So, no need to keep looking back over the path I’ve already walked on…  The shop is quite pricey, but local, and today would be the only day that I would do the minimum spend for the voucher to become valid.  What about the packets? Well… I wasn’t too concerned, just as long as I got my savings… I’m a very savvy shopper, I know every inch of that store, so watch the varying prices with a vengeance… Anyway, it is cheaper than taking the car to the next village, and going to the cheaper stores there…

What about fuel? Never mind the prices, I’ve still got to get it into the car, and it is Diesel, which, if you should get it on anything like clothing, stinks for days…  I have taken to, when using a bread side-plate, I just wipe it off with a kitchen paper towel…  We are getting a dishwasher to make things easier, we’ll use enough plates etc. to fill it, run it, then put all the crockery etc. back in the cupboards, and repeat… Nothing in the way on the worktops… I do the catering in our house, so I try to organise things to be as easy and efficient as possible.  And I select the food in the shop…  Anything on the packets? Almost certainly yes, but dangerous? Very unlikely…

In the shop, the counter assistant scans everything for everyone… And statistically, we will be fine… The very fact that the shop stays trading, is testament to that.

I’m really tired, it has been an extremely busy day…

More later,

God bless you for reading…

Wannabe