Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) The last ten years of contamination and checking ocd. And where I seem to be now Reply To: The last ten years of contamination and checking ocd. And where I seem to be now

wannabefree
Participant
Participant

Yesterday, it was all about soap… We were running out… I use liquid soap, cos it doesn’t keep falling in the sink… When can we take a risk, and start using ordinary soap again… I absolutely love the golden Pears soap, it smells so… nice.  When do we start to allow our natural defences to have a chance to defend us again? Anti-bacterial gel kills the good guys too, 99.9%. When do we allow ourselves to be less than surgically clean?  If we don’t do so, then our natural defences will become redundant, and will evolve out of us… Meaning that we will have to use chemical means forever, to prevent us getting ill. It is bad enough, that we now  have to rely on a flu jab every year to keep us safe…  It looks like we may need a Covid booster every year too…  Our natural defences have taken millennia to develop, alongside the pollutants we are pumping into the atmosphere, and the traces of plastic that are now present in marine fish that come into the food chain… Anyway, all the liquid soap was antibacterial, so I did go with that, but I’m on the lookout for pears bar soap…  As regards the gel bottles at public entrances, some are empty now, whereas the one at our church gives enough for three or people at a time, and sometimes I forget…

God bless you for reading.

Wannabe