Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) The last ten years of contamination and checking ocd. And where I seem to be now Reply To: The last ten years of contamination and checking ocd. And where I seem to be now

wannabefree
Participant
Participant

Hi, my books, as are many other peoples, are readily available on Amazon. I tried to shell some hard boiled eggs tonight… But I really struggle. The shell sticks to the egg inside… Before they are cooked… Are they clean? I don’t know of anyone who has ever washed them in soap… And what about when we open the box in the supermarket, to check for broken ones… We don’t have anywhere to wash our hands before picking up packets of biscuits, and cakes… All of which we have eaten since childhood, without thinking about washing the packet first… What about Bread? It goes through the checkouts, by an operator who has always handled everything to scan it, and then sometimes handled cash… Supermarkets are statistically very safe to shop in… Any trouble, their reputation would be ruined… But we survived… This is what my CBT therapist taught me. It took a while for me to accept it, but so far, no tummyaches or awkward ‘side effects’. So… Armed with that evidence, I won’t bother cleaning the keys on this computer tonight… Much like an old piano, it is okay. More later. God bless you for reading.

Wannabe