Close
  • This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by wannabefree.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    wannabefree
    Participant

Hi everyone. Still surviving… I have a question. I have purchased something on Amazon. It is on Amazon marketplace. I found it, bought it, before I could miss it, it is quite rare, and difficult to find. So it is paid for. The thing is, it is coming from a Covid hotspot… I didn’t know that detail until after I had paid, and the seller got in touch, and revealed their location. It is coming through the postal system, and has already been despatched. Will it be safe when it arrives? It is a music CD. It is my guess that it will come in an envelope by air mail. It will be mixed with all the other envelopes and packages on the plane. Will it be contaminated? Will it contaminate anything else? Will it be my fault? What about the item inside the package? Will that be okay? It will need to be played in the CD drive on my keyboards. Is it safe? Will it transfer? Do I need to throw it in the dustbin, just to be safe?  Hopefully no. Cos it will be coming through the letterbox flap of my front door, and I’m a tenant. Will they spray it before wrapping and posting? I really won’t ever know… Should I try and ask? Will I believe them? How do I trust them? How long does the Covid virus stay on solid items?  I don’t know… But the figure 72 hours comes to mind. And anyway, I cannot disinfect the CD drive in the keyboards, any more than I can sanitize my bank cards before paying for something more than £45…  I reckon, that by the time it arrives next week, it will be fine. After all, once we start cleaning, when can we stop? And what about the postal workers? Just how safe are we?  If I’m lucky enough to find an identical item elsewhere, it will still have to come by post… Through the same letterbox… Same sorting office… And very likely, the same postal workers…  I mustn’t catastrophise this… Millions of items go through the postal services every single day… The risks are minute… Statistically… 99.9% safe… Just as sanitiser gel is.  I reckon the very most I can do, is let the package arrive, and leave it unopened for a couple of days… But I don’t need to… Just as no one needs to quarantine their mail. Or parcels, or newspapers…  I’m not so sure about library books though… Having said that, imagine trying to disinfect everything  in a library or bookstall…  And exactly when will enough be enough?  More later… God bless you for reading.

Wannabe

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.