Close
  • This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years ago by Moonchild86.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Moonchild86
    Participant

Hello all,

I’m new here and in desperate need for some advice.
      I have had intrusive thoughts for as long  as I can remember and have always had a good healthy understanding of them.
      Recently due to trauma,I needed try some antidepressants again, however this antidepressant really triggered my intrusive thoughts and honestly terrified me. I knew it was my body adjusting to the tablet but I had to report how I was feeling as I didn’t want to continue with them.

unfortunately this intrusive thought involved harm to my youngest (it’s always my children as they are my world)

this was reported to social services and they have removed my son from my care permanently.

I have tried to explain and even educate them on OCD but I’ve had no luck. They see me as a potentially dangerous person.
      I’ve had intrusive thoughts of the same theme since I became a mother 16 years ago (I have 2 children) and although I was afraid initially, the doctor reassured me it was in-fact normal to have thoughts like these, it’s just people who are anxious obsess over them. That reassurance helped me to accept those thoughts and they even went away for a long time. I even got to the point where I could just say okay brain, that’s a lovely thought and off they went. They didn’t bother me anymore and I was actually able to work in childcare and lead a normal ish life.

so all was okay until I tried that antidepressant.

has anyone had similar issues with social services ? How did you fight your corner?
      I need to prove I’m dangerous.  just an individual who has OCD

Im broken

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.