Close
  • This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ray78
    Participant

I feel like my life is over. 27 years in a living hell and I’ll be 50 in three weeks. I can’t believe it’s gone on so long. I still frequently think about going to prison for acting upon unwanted intrusive thoughts and the damage that’d be caused to my victim(s). It’s awful beyond belief. No therapy or medication has helped and I’ve had a lot of therapy and been on the A-Z of medication prescribed for OCD. It’s almost time for bed and the idea of waking up tomorrow in the early hours with a racing heart, racing thoughts and having to deal with another day of it fills me with despair. I’ve tried hypnotherapy, yoga, homeopathy, meditation and more and nothing has helped. I can’t stop doing the f**king compulsions and neutralising thoughts. Is this it?

Dancingthrulofts
      Participant

I’m so sorry you’re suffering like this. I understand it’s hard and sometimes just getting out of bed is a challenge. If you’ve had intrusive thoughts for 27 years and haven’t acted on them yet take solace in that you probably won’t. (I say probably not because I think you will but because OCD is a quest for certainty which is fruitless) I think if your suffering this much it’s time to change therapists or do something new in your routine. Hang in there!

Forum Moderators

Hello:

Forum Moderators again; We’ve replied to your other posts and just want to remind you again that you can also contact the OCD Action Helpline to talk to or email someone who understands OCD. Even if you have contacted them previously, you’re very welcome to again.

You can get confidential information and support for your OCD from a Helpline volunteer who knows how OCD can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478
          • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

We hope this reminder is helpful,

Best wishes,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.