Close
  • This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    brenda000
    Participant

Hi.

So I’ve had a really bad day, and some of it links to OCD.

So last night I had two very vivid dreams.

The first was a dream linked to a theme I have (not anything illegal or like that). I used to regularly Google searches related to it however I’ve been trying to give up since I realised that people were twisting it into very dark and evil ways (I’ve already wrote about it on here and it’s horrible). I woke up however I failed  to resist the urge to google it again  but I’m improving. I then went back to sleep. The next dream I had was very odd but irrelevant

Anyway after I woke back up I felt strange. I was disgusted (and have been most of the day) at this theme but I’ve felt overwhelmingly as if my phone is contaminated in some way by any googling done and OCD googlimg I’ve done.

Is this a common obsession to have?

Choking on flowers
      Participant

Hi there, I’m not sure about what you are talking about, but I do get this thought occasionally as I am doing searching as a compulsion. I worry that somehow they’ll think I’m looking things up because of some malicious or wrong reason. I also have obsessions about me being into gross and disgusting things, so you aren’t alone on that.

Forum Moderators

Hi:

We’re sorry you’re going through a challenging time right now and haven’t had many replies yet. Please don’t take this personally or ever think you’re alone. It may just be that forum users are taking time to consider how to reply.

And please remember that you can also contact the OCD Action Help and Information Line to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential and unbiased help, information and support for people with OCD (or who  think they may have OCD). Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD and all understand how it can impact your entire life. Contact our Helpline by:

– phone: 0300 636 5478 (UK number).

– email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

You can also find out about support groups on our website. These offer a safe place where you can talk openly about OCD and support other people too. Our information about UK-based groups can be found here:

Local independent support groupshttps://ocdaction.org.uk/i-need-support/local-support/

OCD Action Skype/Phone/Zoom support groupshttps://ocdaction.org.uk/i-need-support/ocd-action-skype-phone-zoom-support-groups/

If you don’t live in the UK,  look for groups near you on the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) website. Look in the section “Find Help” and then under “Listing Types”, choose “Support Groups”: https://iocdf.org/

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is always here to help and support you.

Best wishes,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.