Close

Homepage Forums Support From Our Forum Community OCD & Intrusive Thoughts OCD fear has changed its focus

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years ago by soworried2.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    soworried2
    Participant

When my OCD started, I was afraid of everything related to it but for a few months, my OCD has started to focus on a specific ethnicity and hairstyle which is so odd. It has come to a point where I’m not as afraid of other people who don’t come under this category and my OCD (I pray to God that’s what this is) convinces me I do have an attraction to this specific ethnicity and hairstyle. The odd thing is that if someone from the same ethnicity doesn’t have this hairstyle I’m not as afraid of them. I’m terrified and avoid thinking about guys from this ethnicity because I will get intrusive thoughts about them. When my OCD fears strike it mainly has to do with coming across these specific people and I’m scared that this specific fear is true. For example, if I was around them I get an intense fear that I will hurt them but I also have a side of me that finds this so ridiculous and stupid. It has been so persistent and I just want all of this to go away. Is what I’m experiencing different? I’m worried that this is different.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.