Close
  • This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by ocdhelper.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Maxibollo
    Participant

I have suffered for 30 years with intrusive thoughts and false memories. I sometimes feel that a thought comes into our head to test us,as a “good moral person” …they are always things that are totally abhorrent to our beliefs,but we constantly scrabble through our brains to check that we haven’t got that bad side to us,that would maybe lose control and do something wrong and inappropriate. The thing is that at the time we get these thoughts,we are lost in our head,and anxiety makes us feel like we would just lose control and somehow do something and not remember…the thing is,we are so super hyper vigilant in every aspect,and can’t relax to just let our brains have these nonsensical irrational fears and worries. If I told you my latest fear,you would not believe it!( The thing is I do!) and I can tell you this…try not ruminate,she says!,I am suck at the moment in a cycle of that…and it goes nowhere …apart from causing many tears and anxious feelings ..I wish I had the answer for you…but there never is one that will be a good enough one?

Forum Moderators

Forum Moderators here:

Thanks for posting on the forum and we’re sorry you haven’t had many replies yet. Please don’t take this personally; sometimes it takes a while for people to reply. We just want you to know that you’re never alone and OCD Action is here to support you.

If you’d like to talk to or email someone who understands OCD, please contact our OCD Action Helpline.

You can get confidential information about and support from a Helpline volunteer who understands how OCD can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478
        • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

We hope this is helpful,

Forum Moderators

ocdhelper
        Participant

Send me a DM and we can converse back and forth more directly about your OCD. Think about it this way – if you have been struggling with these issues for 30 years, do you think the ways that you go about dealing with them are effective? That’s what a lot of OCD patients start to realize is that the ways in which we are going about trying to solve the issues, or stop the problems aren’t actually working the way’s we would like. What you want to do is examine the ways in which you go about dealing with these issues, and then try to figure out in an independent and critical manner where you might be going wrong. Where are you actually empowering these issues and keeping them thriving through your attempts to solve the problem in the first place. Does that make sense?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.