Close
  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nigel
    Participant

Hey, I’ve had OCD for about 13 years. It’s mainly fear of losing anything incase it is of value, sentimental or has something important written on it. I have this overwhelming sense of responsibility & feel I’m careless if I was to lose something.

I’m doing a lot better than I was. It takes me 10 minutes to get ready in the morning whereas before it would take 5-6 hours on occasion.

But today I’ve had a spike. A trades person had to visit the property. I had to check the rooms they were going into to makesure nothing to stick to or fall into their belongings & be lost for ever. However they ended up going into a different room which spiked my OCD. I’d checked that room bit then I had gone back in and opened a coat pocket to get keys. I remember checking the floor where I was sat and I’m likely to have scanned the area but the fact that he went in there set off my OCD. I know I shouldn’t  but I told him how I felt, he said he checked his pockets, I checked his shoes as he walked off. Then I checked the house over and over again. Then when family came home I felt I’d missed a bit and had to check again and again. Its suddenly got worse today with so many doubts thinking I’ve been careful. I feel so down because it’s hard to cope with the thought of losing something and the exhaustion of saying it’s ocd then doubting again.

I want my life back and I’m struggling to get through the spike.

Any advice?

Forum Moderators

Forum Moderators here:

Thanks for posting on the forum and we’re sorry you haven’t had many replies yet. Please don’t take this personally; sometimes it takes a while for people to reply. We just want you to know that you’re never alone and OCD Action is here to support you.

If you’d like to talk to or email someone who understands OCD, please contact our OCD Action Helpline.

You can get confidential information about and support from a Helpline volunteer who understands how OCD can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478
        • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

We hope this is helpful,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.